Fall and Spring Clean–up
Your Spring or Fall Clean–up will occur on one day only
In some Towns and Villages, Clean–up is on a different day and week than your regular collection.
In all cases, normal waste-resource collection (recyclables, green carts and garbage) stays on the same schedule.
All items must be roadside by 8:00 am on pick up day, and may not go out more than 7 days prior to the clean-up.
Refer to the map on the back cover of our calendar to determine your pick-up day. If you live in one of the Towns or the Village of New Minas your specific clean-up date is listed below. If you live in Zone A or Zone B then your pick-up will take place on your regular collection day during the period indicated
Reminder: Any bagged items must be in clear transparent bags.
|Area for Clean–up 2016
|Zone A on your regular collection day
|April 17 – 28
||Sept 18 – 29
|Town of Kentville
Within Town limits, does not include North Kentville
|Village of New Minas
|Town of Wolfville
|Communities of Bridgetown and Hantsport
|Towns of Middleton and Berwick
|Zone B on your regular collection day
Zone B includes: The Villages of Kingston and Greenwood, Kings County east of Victoria Rd. and that part of Victoria Rd that is north of Brow Mountain Rd.
|May 8 – 19
||Oct 9 – 20
- washer, dryer, stove
- fridge, freezer, air conditioner, dehumidifier – with CFC sticker
- furniture, mattress
- water tank, boiler
- carpet (rolled in 4ft lengths)
- construction waste (tied securely in bundles)
- Pine needles (in clear bags)
- Small auto parts (no fuel or fluids)
- Empty oil storage tank
- NEW Electronics: televisions, computers, monitors, printers, audio & visual playback and recording systems, telephones etc.
- leaves and brush
- cardboard boxes
- large or heavy auto parts
- household hazardous waste, paint & motor oil
- propane cylinders
- automotive tires
- automotive batteries
- fridge, freezer, air conditioner, dehumidifier – without CFC sticker
Clean up Rules:
- No more than 20 items will be collected from any one stop. An item is a single object, a bag or a securely tied bundle measuring no more than 1.2 metres in length.
- Bagged garbage must be in clear transparent bags
- No more than 2 of any one appliance type (e.g. fridge, stove, water tank, etc.) will be collected at any one stop.
- Items not collected during Clean–up are the responsibility of the resident and must be removed from roadside when the clean-up is finished.
- Lumber or loose items must be bagged or tied securely in bundles no longer than 1.2 metres (4 feet). Nails should be bent over or removed for safety reasons.
- Any one furniture or appliance item must weigh no more than 91kgs (200 lbs.) other items must weigh no more than 34kgs (75lbs.).
- Fridges, freezers and air conditioners cannot be collected until CFC’s have been removed and a sticker applied to the unit. The Eastern Management Centre at 100 Donald Hiltz Rd. in the Kentville Industrial Park, and the Western Management Centre at 343 Elliot Road near Lawrencetown at Exit 19 on Highway 101 will accept and service refrigeration units for a $20 fee.
For more information, call 679–1325 or 1–877–927–8300 toll free
Valley Waste–Resource Management
The Municipalities of Annapolis, Kings, Annapolis Royal, Berwick, Kentville, Middleton and Wolfville:
Partners in Waste Reduction