Helping Businesses with Waste Solutions
Valley Waste helped us research and locate sustainable packaging for our products. They continue to help us with reducing waste in our business, and answer questions about sustainability as we continue to grow. Janine Radul, General Manager, Petite Patrie Chocolate, Kentville
We are here to help! Our Education Team can offer:
- Help with waste audits, and waste management;
- Signage and sorting guides;
- Staff education;
- Online presentations;
- Advice about sustainable packaging which could help reduce your waste and potentially save you money!
- Tailor made presentations to suit your needs.
Our online presentations include:
Waste Management for New Businesses
Waste management is often the last thing people think about when opening the doors for a new business. There can be a lot of little steps that go into waste management, and we are here to help. We have developed a presentation to help you figure out what you might need.
- ordering a green cart, tips and practices,
- staff training
- whether you'll need curbside collection or to hire a local hauler. Better waste management can help save you money. Bring samples of your products, and your questions, and we will be happy to answer them!
Waste Not, Want Not: Auditing Your Waste 101
Conducting annual waste audits can help create sustainable habits from both a personal and operational level. This presentation is a step-by-step guide on how to conduct a waste audit for your business, and how you can create a waste management plan.
Let us know the size of your business so we can better tailor the audit steps to suit your needs.
We also offer tours of our site which help businesses better understand where their waste goes after leaving curbside. Unfortunately, under the current restrictions tours have been put on hold but we hope they will resume in the near future. If you would be interested in participating in the future, please let us know and we can let you know when these resume.
If you would like us to present to your membership as a lunch and learn or otherwise, contact us at email@example.com
For more Resources click here