Eastern Management Centre
100 Donald E Hiltz Connector Rd, Kentville, NS B4N 3V7
Open: Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Sat: 8:00am – Noon
Western Management Centre
343 Elliott Rd, Lawrencetown, NS B0S 1M0
Open: Tues – Fri: 8:00am – 4:00pm, Sat: 8:00am – noon
Fees are subject to change through budget approval. Non-compliant loads will be charged at double rate or rejected. Fees can be paid with cash, credit or debit card. If you wish to set up an account, please contact 902 679 2490. Prices listed are per Kilogram. When visiting our sites please remember:
- Masks must be worn and social distancing adhered to while visiting the site
- All vehicles MUST come through the scale house to enter the site
- All garbage brought into the facility must be in clear bags
- Recyclables brought into the facility must be in blue bags
- All food must be de-packaged and composted
- Waste will be inspected at the facility, unsorted loads can be rejected or double charged
- No scavenging is permitted on site
- No smoking is permitted on site
The term Authority Members applies to any household or business bringing waste generated in the Valley Waste service area. The service area is the Municipality of the County of Kings, the Towns of Annapolis Royal, Berwick, Kentville, Middleton, Wolfville, Glooscap First Nation, Annapolis Valley First Nation, and Bear River First Nation, and 14 Wing Greenwood.
Waste originating outside these areas are Non-members. Tipping Fees effective August 1st, 2021. Please note that all tipping fees are exempt from HST.
Non-compliant loads will be charged a double-rate or rejected.
Leaves should be debagged at the site
- Authority members Free (unbagged) 9.7 cents/kg (bagged)
- Non-members Free (unbagged) 12.9 cents/kg (bagged)
Brick, block, concrete, asphalt, asphalt shingles, drywall, wood/brush (up to 6″ in diameter)
- Authority members 7.5 c/kg (sorted)/12.5 c/kg (mixed)
- Non-members 10 c/kg (sorted)/16.6 c/kg (mixed
- Authority members $10.00
- Non-members $15.00
The minimum fee applies to the following:
- 80kg or less of garbage and mixed C&D debris
- 103kg or less of organics & recyclables
- 113kg or less of sorted C&D debris
- 175kg or less of scrap metal
Arriving at Our Sites
PLEASE HELP TO KEEP US ALL SAFE WHEN VISITING OUR SITES!
- Please tarp or net any open loads on your vehicle.
- Customers enter the site at their own risk.
- Follow all directional signs. Traffic is one way in most areas of the facility.
- If you must use the main building please wait patiently and do not attempt to back into the building unless directed to by a Valley Waste employee.
- Do not approach and enter the main building on foot.
- Until otherwise stated masks must be worn at all times until COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Do not exceed the posted speed limit of 20 km per hour and follow all posted traffic signs.
- Valley Waste vehicles including loaders and trucks will always have the right of way.
- Children under the age of 12 must stay in the vehicle at all times.
- The customer is responsible for the loading and unloading of their own vehicles. If an individual requires assistance please ask for assistance while checking in at the scale house. Help will be granted on a case by case basis, however Valley Waste will not be held responsible for any damage incurred while unloading.
- When on the tipping floor do not wander from the general area of your vehicle. Stay in its general vicinity. Leave the building promptly after unloading.
- If you are in doubt of where an item goes, ask the scale operator or a site employee.
- Absolutely no scavenging allowed. Do not ask employees if you can have an item and if something is scavenged, you will be asked to remove it from your vehicle.
- Follow the directions of Valley Waste employees at all times.
- Use of cell phones and other wireless devices are prohibited while operating vehicles on Valley Waste Property.
Public Drop Off
- Never crawl into the bins for any reason. If you have inadvertently dropped an item you shouldn’t have, please ask one of our employees for assistance.
- Never remove the chains in the public drop off area.
- Be courteous to other customers. Each bin is designed for two vehicles to be unloaded at the same time. Do not park in the middle of the area blocking access for other vehicles.
- Never throw materials into the bay if the bin is not in place. It is being emptied and will be returned to the bay shortly.
Construction & Demolition
- Only unload materials in designated areas.
- Do not dump or unload any materials on the access road.
- Before leaving the area, ensure all loose items are secure and in the case of trucks your tailgate and back bumper are clean to prevent the spreading of debris on the roadways.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Absolutely no industrial hazardous waste will be accepted.
- Any leaking containers can be rejected unless properly contained.
- When possible, household hazardous waste should be brought in the original container. If not, please try to clearly mark on it what the material is.
- Valley Waste reserves the right to reject any unknown or known materials it deems too dangerous to handle.
- Valley Waste will not accept any materials held in containers larger than 20 litres.
- Customers are forbidden from dumping their own oil or glycol in our bulk barrels.
- When dropping of gasoline, it must be contained in a jug the customer is willing to leave so it can be lab packed. Customers are not allowed to transfer any materials from one container to another on Valley Waste Property.